Let’s face it, the seemingly never ending needs of our own stress filled days drown out any of the needs others might have around us. We need to develop an intentionality if we are going to create space, enabling us to live in the reality of Christ’s sacrificial presence to those around us.
Currently I find myself working in a very fast paced and crowded retail store of a tech giant. In the midst of the constant crowds and busyness one of the ways I tangibly create space is by listening to very specific songs while I’m on lunch or break. On my phone I have a playlist just for this purpose. Here's a sampling of a few of the songs that seem to help me the most . . .
• Here for You • Chris Tomlin
• Make A Way • Desperation Band
• Open The Eyes of My Heart • Paul Balochi
• Come, Now is the Time to Worship • Brian Doerkson and Wendy O'Connell
• Build Your Kingdom Here • Rend Collective
• Holy Spirit • Bryan & Katie Torwalt
On a regular basis I walk through the store and the mall in which our store is located, listening to these perspective calibrating lyrics and I’m humbled at how quickly I lose site of Jesus in the midst of the normal flow of my daily life AND how quickly I can reconnect with this simple way to create space.