The Examen With . . .
The Examen can easily adapted to be used with a family around the dinner table or at bed time.
• Moment of silence then pray.
• What is one thing you would like to thank God for today?
• Where did God seem closest and/or furthest from you today?
• What can we pray for today about tomorrow?
The Examen also can be easily shared as part of a small group or community worship experience.
• Spend 5 minutes journeying through the movements of the Examen. One minute for each movement, with one minute left over to allow opportunity for people to capture and/or share their reflections.
• During a meeting simply ask, “Where have you seen God this week?